Friday, December 15, 2006

Work

I've been worrking for myself now for the past couple of months. Last week was the first with no real work and this made me panic bigtime! Being self employed is a real stress. The number of things I get worked up about is unbelievable. One minute its no work, then its to much, then is deciding on whether I'm able to do a job I've taken on, having no concept of time scales, having the customer nose over your shoulders (thats a real anal pain). Even the quoting process is stressful. It leaves me breathless and paniced.

Bring back the call centres, the 9 to 5, the regular wage, the free holidays... Oh Lord.. what have I done...

Well maybe that last paragraph was a bit to far. But honestly I'm going to have to start meditating because I think its as close as I've come to losing it.

Recently I've been doing a lot of flooring, laminated and of the real wood variety. If you know anybody who would like a "fresh new floor for new year" point them in my direction!

No comments: