Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Firenze

Adele & I went to Florence at the beginning of November. I'm not often taken aback by art, I think this is primarily because 99% of the contact I have is either through a book or the TV, well the TV then a book. I was however thrown by what Florence had to offer.

A pal once said there was no point making the effort to see great historical sights, they're just the same on the box. This is of course complete rubbish. Being a foot away from a 400 year old sculpture that still has visible chisel marks from the artists own tools is pretty breathtaking.

I've posted a few snaps of our weekend...










The Duomo










Michelangelo's pieta










Adele up the Duomo










Dusk on the Arno








Manchesters Favourite Cow Parade in Florence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adele's up the Duomo? Crikey.